Following the outpouring of heartfelt messages since the death of Captain Sir Tom Moore on 2 February, his family pledged to celebrate his life with an event that everyone, in the UK and around the world, could be involved in.
That event is the Captain Tom 100 and Headway Leicester is proud to be inviting our supporters to take part.
Headway Leicester like many other charities, has been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s had a catastrophic effect, with the cancellation of thousands of fundraising events and the loss of billions in income.
Captain Tom 100 offers Headway Leicester supporters, of all ages and abilities, the opportunity to raise crucial funds for our charity, while at the same time celebrating Captain Tom’s generosity of spirit, the hope and joy he brought to millions, and his sense of fun.
All participants need to do is dream up a Captain Tom 100 challenge based around the number 100 and do it at any time and anywhere over Captain Tom’s birthday weekend – starting on Friday 30 April through to Bank Holiday Monday 3 May
By taking part you’ll be helping local brain injury survivors and their families get vital support from Headway Leicester when it’s needed more than ever. Take the number 100 and do it your way, you can even spread the challenge out over the four days!
The challenge could be walking 100 steps or running 100 metres, scoring 100 goals, baking 100 cakes, climbing 100 stairs, hopping 100 laps of the garden, building 100 sandcastles, writing a 100-word poem, flipping 100 pancakes – anything at all, inside or out.
Once you have chosen your challenge, you can fundraise or donate to Headway Leicester and share your challenge using #CaptainTom100
Stuck for ideas? Here a few – but for the full 100 head here
- 100 laps around your garden
- Get climbing – walk up and down your stairs 100 times, see if you can get sponsored
- Give up something you love for 100 days starting on the 30 April eg chocolate, wine, biscuits
- Give your home a spring clean for 1.4 hours (100 minutes) and sell any unwanted items as part of your fundraising
- Puzzled – Complete 100 word searches, crosswords, or Sudokus and donate for each one completed
- Hold a 100 minute silence
- Spend 100 minutes building a tower out of Lego and see how high you can make it. Challenge someone else to beat your height!
- Throw and catch a ball 100 times
- Get squatting – 100 squats a day
- Finally, nominate 10 friends to take part in #CaptainTom100 Challenge
Help to inspire the nation by sharing pictures or videos of your challenge on social media using the hashtag #CaptainTom100 to be part of the campaign – and don’t forget to tag us @headwayleicester
Ready to take on the challenge? Complete the form and let us know your 100!